- the information we collect about you;
- how that information may be used;
- with whom the information may be shared;
- how you may update the information you provide us;
- how you may contact us; and
- your choices about the information.
This policy does not apply to the practices of companies that OurFamilyWizard does not own or control, or to people that OurFamilyWizard does not employ or manage.
Information Collection and Use
The Services collect Personal Information in a variety of ways, including but not limited to when you register for an OurFamilyWizard account, when you use certain OurFamilyWizard products or services, when you visit OurFamilyWizard website pages, and when you enter promotions or sweepstakes or when otherwise using the Services.
Personal Information collected by us may include your name, e-mail address, postal address, birthdate, doctors, emergency contacts, certain health information, general usage metrics of the Services, your financial payment information, your profile, email communication history with OurFamilyWizard, anything you submit to or post on the Websites, and other information associated with you or your organization, as well as other information that may or may not specifically identify you. While the information within these classifications may be required for the use of specific Services or features of the Websites, you are not required to use all of the Services and features. The information collected through the Services may be stored at servers, computers, or other media located in the United States.
We may obtain information about you from third-party sources, such as Google, Apple, or other users, when applicable. This information may be utilized, analyzed, and/or compared with information that OurFamilyWizard has collected from you or that you have submitted to the Services. If OurFamilyWizard obtains information from third-party sources, you agree that your sole legal remedy for any harm associated with that information is against the third-party that provided the information to us, and that you will not assert any cause of action, claim or demand against us other than requesting we delete any erroneous information.
For the avoidance of doubt, OurFamilyWizard shall be entitled to collect anonymous and/or aggregated data across its various products and services provided that no individual natural person can be identified from such data (“Aggregate Data”). The Aggregate Data will be used for various purposes, including without limitation to analyze behavior, trends, and website interaction, and to improve and enhance our services and for other development, creation of new features, diagnostic and corrective purposes in connection with our services. OurFamilyWizard shall own all right, title and interest in and to the Aggregate Data and this is not considered personal data.
INFORMATION COLLECTION TECHNOLOGY
For each visitor to our Websites, we may use various technologies, including “cookies” to automatically gather certain information pursuant to your use of the Websites, from your electronic device about your activities using the Websites. We may collect and store non-personally identifying information through cookies, and third-parties to profile user activity and preferences. Technical and specification information about your device and settings may be collected when you use the Websites. This information includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, the content of previously accepted “cookies” from us, and clickstream data. We collect and store this information on an individual basis and in combined form. We also collect both user-specific and aggregate information on what pages visitors access or visit.
A cookie is data stored on your device that tracks non-personal information about you. When using the Websites, we may assign your device one or more cookies that enable us to improve the quality of the Websites and to personalize your experience. Cookies allow us to automatically collect information about your activity on the Websites, such as the content you access while using the Websites, the links you click, and other activity you conduct while using the Websites. You may choose to modify your device setting to disable cookies or limit their use. If you choose to disable or limit cookies, or otherwise limit your device permissions to the Websites, you may experience diminished performance from the Websites and/or may be prevented from using some or all features of the Websites. Our cookies generally fall into one of four categories: Essential, Functional, Analytics and Target. Additional information about our cookies policy can be found here: https://www.ourfamilywizard.com/cookies.
Our Services may contain web beacons (also known as “clear gifs”) or similar technologies that gather non-personally identifiable information about your use of our Services. Such technology may also be contained in e-mail messages or newsletters from us that allow us to determine whether messages have been accessed. The purpose of our use of this technology is so that we may analyze the effectiveness of our marketing efforts and the quality of our Services.
The following section only applies if you use one of our mobile software applications (the “Software”). The Software requires certain permissions on your mobile device in order to work as intended. You can either allow or deny the Software access to the permissions. In some cases it is necessary for you to grant the Software permissions to take full advantage of features or functionality of the Software. If you disallow some or all permissions, the Software may not function properly. Some of the permissions needed may include access to your device’s: camera; calendar; location; phone; sensor; microphone; and storage. Additional permissions may be requested as new features are added in the future.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
OurFamilyWizard will not sell or rent your personally identifiable information to anyone.
We may use and share your information for legally permissible purposes. We may match, use, and share any of the information we collect from you to any personally identifiable information we obtain through third-parties. The ways we may use or share information that we collect about you include:
- providing you with use of the Websites and Services;
- providing you with products or services, whether from OurFamilyWizard, or any related organizations, entities, or affiliates;
- providing you with customized content and services;
- providing technical or customer support;
- performing research and analysis to gauge the use of the Websites and Services;
- communicating with you by e-mail, postal mail, telephone, text message, and/or mobile devices about products or services that may be of interest to you from OurFamilyWizard, any affiliates, sponsors or other third-parties;
- to administer the working relationship with you/your employer;
- where we have another legitimate interest in doing so;
- in connection with any possible sale merger or restructuring of all or any part of our business or assets; and
- performing functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
In order to perform certain services on your behalf, we may publish certain information that you provide. You agree that any testimonial feedback, stories, posts, interactions or other comments provided by you to OurFamilyWizard through any form of communication including but not limited to through the Websites, becomes the sole and exclusive property of OurFamilyWizard and that such information may be used for any legally permissible purpose, including, but not limited to marketing and advertising our Services.
- To our affiliates as permitted by law;
- To third parties who provide information technology services such as website hosting, computer systems maintenance, or data security and privacy services;
In addition, we may share aggregate and sell, non-individual information, incapable of identifying a particular person, with third parties for any lawful purposes.
We will not share any personal information about you with other companies if prohibited by applicable California law or to the extent your prior consent to share is required by applicable California law.
If you are a California resident, you may have certain rights with respect to your Personal Information including the following rights:
- the right to “opt-out” of OurFamilyWizard’s sale of your personal information to any third parties;
- the right, with some exceptions, to have your personal information deleted from OurFamilyWizard’s possession or control;
- the right, under certain circumstances, to correct your personal data OurFamilyWizard possesses; and
- the right to receive equal service and pricing from OurFamilyWizard even if you exercise any of your privacy rights.
EU Resident Rights under the GDPR
These disclosures apply only to our processing of Personal Information within the scope of the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) from one or more of the European Union Member States plus Iceland, Lichtenstein and Norway (together known as the “European Economic Area” or “EEA”).
The GDPR went into effect on May 25, 2018. As a resident of the EU or EEA, you have certain rights with respect to the processing of your personal data, including:
- Access. You have the right to know if we are processing personal data about you and, if so, to access and obtain a copy of personal data about you, as well as information relating to the processing of that data.
- Correction. You have the right to have us promptly correct or update any personal data about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Erasure. You have the right to request deletion or erasure of your personal data in a number of circumstances as required by law, including when no longer need the personal data for the purposes for which it was collected, you have withdrawn consent or, when we are relying on legitimate interests as a legal basis, and your rights override our legitimate interests.
- Portability. You have the right to obtain a copy of the personal data we hold about you in a structured machine-readable format and to have it transmitted to another controller. This right only occurs where we are relying on your consent or performance of a contract as our legal basis and the processing is carried out automatically.
- Restriction of Processing. You have the right to restrict or limit the ways in which we process your personal data when you contest the accuracy of the personal data, when your data has been obtained by us unlawfully, when you have objected to our processing of the data and we are considering whether to cease processing, or when we no longer need to process the personal data.
- Withdrawal of Consent. When we rely on consent as the basis for processing personal data, you have the right to withdraw your consent.
- Objection. You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data when we are relying on legitimate interests as our legal basis and your rights override our legitimate interests in processing their personal data. You also have the right to object to our processing of their personal data for direct marketing purposes.
- Complaint. You have the right to make a complaint about our personal data handling practices to your local Supervisory Authority.
The data that we collect may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA") in particular (without limitation) the United States. It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff may be engaged in, among other things, the fulfillment of our contractual obligations, the processing of your payment details, and the provision of support services. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing, or processing.
We may collect and store personal data on any device you use, using application data caches and browser web storage (including HTML 5) and other technology.
Your Ability to Edit Your Account Information and Preferences
OurFamilyWizard gives you the ability to edit your OurFamilyWizard account information and preferences at any time, including whether you want OurFamilyWizard to contact you about special promotions and new products.
You may contact OurFamilyWizard to review, update and correct your Personal Information.
If you do not wish to receive promotional emails or other marketing communications from us, please let us know by using the opt-out response device that can be found at the bottom of every email we deliver or by contacting us as provided below. At places on our Websites where you give us your personal information, you may opt out of receiving those communications. Although you can opt not to receive promotional messages, we reserve the right to send you informational email messages about any user account you establish on our Websites, or notices regarding the Websites, as permitted.
To help us process your request, please include sufficient information for us to identify you in our records. We may need to verify your identity before providing you with Personal Information or updating it in our system.
OurFamilyWizard provides you with the ability to attach geographical identification tags (longitude/latitude) to entries. This functionality is called geotagging. Geotagging makes user content more organized and searchable. Geotagged entries are created at the users discretion and geotags are ONLY generated when a user affirmatively adds them to an entry. If you do not want to use our geotagging features, you may simply opt not to use them or turn off the location services located in your browser preferences or in your device settings.
Your OurFamilyWizard Account Information is password protected for your privacy and security. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, and to protect against loss, misuse or alteration of your information.
Because of the sensitivity of information stored on OurFamilyWizard, OurFamilyWizard uses not only industry standard SSL encryption to protect data transmissions, but also uses Transparent Data Encryption and Redaction to protect data during storage and access inside of our database.
Please note, that while we use commercially-reasonable methods to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. Therefore, although we take reasonable steps to secure your information, we cannot and do not promise or warrant that your information will always remain secure.
EXTERNAL LINKS AND THIRD-PARTY PRIVACY PRACTICES
The Services may link to other websites or through advertisements. We disclaim any and all responsibility for the privacy practices of third-parties that may have links to or from our Services. We encourage you to review the privacy policies and privacy statements of every website that you visit that collects personally identifiable information.
Contact OurFamilyWizard at info@OurFamilyWizard.com, by calling (866) 755-9991 or by writing to us at:
701 N Washington Ave, Suite 700
Minneapolis, MN 55401
Last Updated: April 20, 2023